This page exists within the Old ArtZone Wiki section of this site. Read the information presented on the linked page to better understand the significance of this fact.
Product: Mimic Pro for Carrara
Product Code: ps_ap207
DAZ Original: Yes
Released: March 18, 2008
Carrara 6.2 Pro - Download Version
The newest release does not work with Carrara 6.2 Pro. this works only with 7
Mimic Pro for Carrara Readme file
Version: 1.0 Developed by: DAZ® 3D, Inc Welcome
Thank you for choosing DAZ! We recommend that you read this file to get the most up-to-date information about installing, running, and using the product.
Be sure to check out website at www.daz3d.com for the very latest information related to your software.
Thank you and enjoy your new product!
* 1. System Requirements
* 2. Installing the Application
* 3. Using the Application
* 4. FAQ / Technical Support
1. System Requirements Macintosh®
2. Installing the Application
To install your software:
other applications currently open.
3. Using the Application
Please reference the User's Manual that came with your application on how to use the product. 4. FAQ/Technical Support
You will find the answers to most of your questions within the User's Manual.
All FAQs, trouble-shooting techniques, late breaking news, and other resources can also be accessed online at:
If you need further assistance, you can contact DAZ 3D’s Technical Support for Carrara in the following ways: Web Support
Many of the answers to your questions are available 24 hours a day on our Web site: http://www.daz3d.com/support Phone Support
Phone support is available to registered users for questions about installation, configuration, or functionality. For more information about phone support, check our Web site at:
http://www.daz3d.com/support Creative Support
You can also refer to forums on the DAZ 3D Web site for questions about creative techniques, or visit:
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/community/0/-/? Written Support
DAZ 3D Technical Support 12637 South 265 West #300 Draper, UT 84020
Copyright © 2008 DAZ Productions. All rights reserved. This software is the property of DAZ Productions and is copyrighted. Any reproduction in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. “DAZ”, “Carrara” and “Mimic” are trademarks or registered trademarks of DAZ Productions in the United States, and/or other countries. “QuickTime” is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brand and product names, fonts, and company names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Visit our site for further technical support questions or concerns: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/support
Thank you and enjoy your new products!
DAZ Productions Technical Support
12637 South 265 West #300
Draper, UT 84020
This is the bare essentials for how to use Mimic in Carrara.
1) Open a new scene in Carrara 7 Pro.
2) Load Victoria 4.2 base (not EZ, not Quick Start) into the scene.
3) In the lower right corner, select the sound tab.
4) Click the ADD button to add a new sound to the sound tab.
5) Browse to the Mimic folder and choose one of the sample audio files inside of it.
6) The sound icon should appear in the sound tab to show that a sound is now available there.
7) Open the Sequencer Tab below.
8) Scroll down to the Sound Track track.
9) Drag and drop the sound icon from the sound tab into the Sound Track in the Sequencer.
10) You should see it show up in the Sequencer.
11) Now return to the Mimic Tab. You should still have Victoria 4.2 selected.
12) Click the button “Load DMC File.”
13) Browse to and select the Victoria4.dmc file which is in the 'Configurations' folder in Mimic.
14) Now click 'Create Lip Sync.' The dialogue for this feature appears.
15) Check the box for 'Use Scene Sound.'
16) Click on the drop-down and you should find the audio sound that you added to the scene. Select it. Click 'OK' below.
17) Your Lip Sync is now Ready. You can preview the animation or render to a Quick Time File.