This page exists within the Old ArtZone Wiki section of this site. Read the information presented on the linked page to better understand the significance of this fact.
TexturePaintHelper is a software tool that helps any user to paint textures using any commonly used 2D painting program (Photoshop, PaintShopPro, Gimp ot whatever).
The concept is to paint over the texture of a rendered image and then generate from the modified image a new texture.
The program can also generate a transparent overlay image for easily combine various paintings and obtain a single texture.
Remember that textures generated with TexturePaintHelper and based on copyrighted textures may be are not distributable (no problem if the base texture is not copyrighted or is your own).
* Import Poser/DAZ Studio content:
* Import Poser/DAZ MAT poses
* Support for figure morphs, even on external files * 3D view for choosing the best point of view * Render image to disk
* Load hand-painted image and export
* Edge bleeding for better results on seems
Improvements from v1.2 to v1.3
* Fixed support for morph dials of Victoria 4.2
* Copy & paste of materials in the “Edit Materials” window
* Automatic position and zoom the camera on the model
Improvements from v1.1 to v1.2
* Support for morph dial value on pose files
* Support for morphs defined in external files (using “readScript” lines)
* Support for external PDM files
* Morph of unwelded geometries supported
* New “select all/select none” features
* Support of MC6 material collection files
* Option to reload exported textures to the active model
* PC with installed Windows 2000/XP
* 512 MBytes of RAM memory (best if 1 GByte)
* 10 MBytes of free hard drive space
* Good graphics board with support for OpenGL (at least 1.1)
* Best if at least 32/64 MByte of video memory.
Ownership of included material and generated material
All of the content in this package was created by Gabriele Tessaro.
The included content can be freely used in renderings but cannot be redistributed.
Textures created with TexturePaintHelper can freely be redistributed (if there are no copyright on the base image).
TexturePaintHelper uses extensively the library of figures and poses of Poser or DAZ Studio.
One of the two posing programs (or both) must be installed to allow TexturePaintHelper loading
Install the package directly where you want TexturePaintHelper to be installed and the program is ready to use. No need of more installation steps. The product will be in a subfolder called TexturePaintHelper.
You may probably want to manually add a shortcut to the desktop or start menu.
When you run TexturePaintHelper the first time, you will be asked to set the Poser (or DAZ Studio)
content path. A “Search” button will help you doing that.
A simple guide to start using TexturePaintHelper:
How to navigate within the 3D view. You can rotate, pan or zoom the 3D view easily using your mouse. The commands are:
2. The workflow
Creating a modified texture with TexturePaintHelper it's very simple.
Just follow the quick steps below:
3. Multiple editings
You can paint your model from various points of view and then add the generated textures together to create a unique texture.
To do this, save the textures as “transparent overlay”, so you can use them as layers and easily combine them in the final texture.
* TexturePaintHelper uses extensively OpenGL in the 3D view preview. Textures too big for older video cards will be be sized down with loss of detail in 3d view (no loss of detail in the generated textures).
* Compressed files (CRZ, PPZ and OBZ) are still not supported. Before using compressed content you must uncompress it with the command/script available in Poser.