This page exists within the Old ArtZone Wiki section of this site. Read the information presented on the linked page to better understand the significance of this fact.
Product: Carrara 7 Pro Upgrade from Carrara 6 Pro
Product Code: ca_ap033
DAZ Original: Yes
Released: December 18, 2008
Cycle: Public Release
Version Released: February 26, 2009
Current Release - 7.1
(Note: the numbers refer to the issues' Bug tracker ID.)
Please report any issues besides the ones listed above to the DAZ 3D Bug Database. When submitting more than one issue, please submit one report for each issue. For multiple issues, you do not need to include all of your hardware configuration information or company contact information.
1. Shut down all computers that will be used for the render (this isn't really necessary, but makes giving the directions more clear
2. Boot up all computers that will be used for the render.
3. Decide which computers will be used as Render Nodes.
4. Pick one computer to be the Master.
5. Launch the Render Node application from the Start Menu on all computers that were selected to be Render Nodes.
6. For each Render Node application that is running
6.1. Select File > Preferences.
6.2. Select “Application” from the drop down menu in the Preferences dialog.
6.3 Verify that all running Render Node applications show the same number for “Port1:” By default this is 5020.
6.4 Click OK to close the preferences dialog.
7. Go to the computer that was selected to be the Master and launch the Carrara 7 Pro application from the start menu.
8. Select File > Preferences.
9. Select “Render Room” from the drop down list.
10. In the group “Network Rendering” verify that “Port1” is the same number as “Port1” from step 6.3. 11. Set Sub Net to “Automatic”
12. Click OK to accept those settings and close the Preferences dialog.
13. Enter the Render Room.
14. Switch to the Batch Queue tab in the tray at the bottom of the screen (tabs are located along the left hand side).
15. Click the Add button.
16. Select the Carrara file to be rendered.
17. In the properties tray, Rendering tab, Miscellaneous section (at the bottom of the properties tray, often requires scrolling down to see it) verify that “Enable Network Rendering” is check marked.
18. Switch to the Output tab and Click “Set File Name” so that the resulting render is saved where desired.
19. Click Launch.
20. A render window will appear. Grey tiles with an N represent the areas that are being handled by a Render Node. If the render window and grey tiles appeared, there is no need to go further. Only follow steps 21 through 32 if you saw no grey “N” tiles during the render.
21. If no grey “N” tiles are visible in the render window you need to configure the Sub Net manually. This should only be required if your network consists of multiple network interfaces (such as a wired and wireless connection). In this case, the master Carrara 7 Pro application needs to be told which network to use.
22.Select File > Preferences.
23. Select “Render Room” from the drop down list.
24. In the group “Network Rendering,” set Sub Net to “Manual.”
25. Click the Start menu and then select “Run”
26. In the dialog, type “cmd” to open a command prompt window.
27. Type “ipconfig”
28. Set the “ID” fields in the Carrara 7 Pro preferences dialog to the same numbers as seen in the “IP Address” from the ipconfig output.
29. Set the “Mask” fields in the Carrara 7 Pro preferences dialog to the same numbers as seen in the “Subnet Mask” from the ipconfig output.
30. In the command prompt window type “exit” to close it.
31. Click OK to accept the settings and to close the preferences dialog.
32. Repeat steps 13 - 20.
Visit our site for further technical support questions or concerns: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/support
Thank you and enjoy your new products!
DAZ Productions Technical Support
12637 South 265 West #300
Draper, UT 84020