Any DAZ Studio script can be used to create a custom action to allow you to automate tasks and place them in the toolbars. For example, if you use Victoria 4.2 a lot, you can create a custom action that will allow you to click on a button to load her into the scene without having to search for her.
To create and use a custom action:
- Locate the item you want to make an action for. This can be a figure, material file, pose file, etc., as long as it is in the DAZ Studio script file format.
- Right-click on the thumbnail and choose Create Custom Action from the menu. You will not get any messages indicating that the action has been created.
If you choose the same menu item again, you will get two error messages, one that indicates the file already has a custom action and the second that indicates the action already exists as a menu entry in the Customize dialog.
- Choose Edit > Customize from the menu to open the Customize DAZ Studio dialog.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to the Custom label and the custom action just created will be listed.
- Click on Accept to accept the changes to the action or on Cancel to abort the operation.
- In the Activities tab in the right hand pane, select which toolbar to add the action to, for example to the Load, Pose / Animate, or Render tab.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to the selected toolbar and then on the one next to the Actions label.
- Click on Accept to accept the changes or on Cancel to abort the operation.