|Product Name:||Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male|
- Required Products: None
Say hello to an old friend. Your Michael 4 textures and clothing are right at your fingertips to use with all of the Genesis 2 Male characters.
Use the AutoFit feature to apply 4th generation clothing to your 6th generation gentlemen. With improved autofit for the feet, even shoes look great.
The Michael 4 UV set will allow you to use your favorite textures, and the included Michael 4 shape, with separate head and body morphs, and will allow you to add some familiar variety to your Genesis 2 men. The UVs can even be used on Genesis 2 Female by applying the M4 UV preset included with the package.
Genesis 2 Male can only use presets saved in the DUF format, so presets saved in other formats must be converted to DUF and saved before applying to Genesis 2.
Below is a list of the installation package types provided by this product. The name of each package contains a Package Qualifier (WIP), which is used as a key to indicate something about the contents of that package.
- 1 Core 1)
- [1 PoserCF]
[ ] = Optional, depending on target application(s)
Not all installation packages provide files that are displayed to the user within the interface of an application. The packages listed below, do. The application(s), and the location(s) within each application, are shown below.
- You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
- “People:Genesis 2 Male:Anatomy:Slosh:SeamCover”
- “People:Genesis 2 Male:Anatomy:Slosh:SeamCover:Materials”
- “People:Genesis 2 Male:Materials:Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male”
- You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:
- “Materials:Masculine:Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male”
- You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
- Figures: “DAZ Genesis 2 Male:Anatomy:Seam Cover”
- Materials: “DAZ Genesis 2 Male:Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male”
- Materials: “DAZ Genesis 2 Male:Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male:SeamCover”
- The Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male UVs and AutoFit clone is used just as any other shape for Genesis or Genesis 2.
- Use the included preset (works on Genesis 2 Female as well) by applying it to your figure either before or after applying the texture presets. The preset will change all of the surfaces in your surface tab to M4 UV set. If you wish to change only certain surface instead of all at once, hold Ctrl key on your keyboard then double-click the preset. You will be asked whether you want to apply it to all surfaces or only those selected. Note that only DUF files will apply to Genesis 2, so you must convert any .cr2 or .dsa files before they will work on Genesis 2. You can do this through 3rd party utilities, or by applying the texture first to Michael 4 or Genesis, then saving as a DUF file.
- The Michael 4 Shapes are usable in two ways: There is a single slider under Actor: People that will apply the entire Michael 4 shape to your figure, including scaling him to Michael 4 height. Alternately, there are separate Body and Head sliders in Actor: Full Body and Actor:Head, respectively. The Michael 4 Body slider does not change the scaling on your figure.
- The M4 AutoFit clone will appear in your list of available autofit options when you try to apply a Michael 4 clothing item. Special care was taken, especially with the feet, to make this the best autofit of Michael 4 shoes to date.
- Some notes on using AutoFit, which may benefit you even when using Genesis and other clones:
- Don't hesitate to add a smoothing modifier to your clothes after applying them to Genesis 2 Male. That's what it is there for. Even the best AutoFit will have a few areas of poke-through because not all clothing is modeled as a perfect fit. By using a smoothing modifier, the clothing will try to avoid colliding with the figure, thereby eliminating or reducing poke-through. Another good tip, when using smoothing modifiers, is to change the smoothing type from “base shape matching” to “generic”. In some cases this can reduce the amount of the underlying shape distorting your clothing. For example. sunglasses will try to take on the face shape of your character, but switching to generic will keep the glasses closer to their rigid shape.
- Clothing items that have been autofit can usually still be scaled after fitting. Sometimes this can help with things such as belts or hats. Note that, although you can scale them, you cannot translate them (ie. move up and down, etc), so scaling large amounts will actually make your item fit wrong. Just subtle adjustments if the morphs are not already built into the clothing item.
- Additional information and detailed directions for using M4 Genitalia materials on the Genesis 2 Male Genitalia can be found here:
- 2014-02-06 - Improvements made to overall uvs for more accurate matching of original Michael 4 textures including tattoos on the back and neck. Also added UV's for the Genesis 2 Male Genitalia to accept Michael 4 Genital textures.
Visit our site for further technical support questions or concerns.
Thank you and enjoy your new products!